Barracuda's award-winning technical support is available 24x7 worldwide. Your time is valuable, which is why we will always connect you with a live person.
How should I request an SSL/TLS certificate from Microsoft Certificate Services for use with my Barracuda Networks product?
All Barracuda Networks products, all firmware versions.
To create and use a certificate using Microsoft Certificate Services:
- Create a Certificate Signing Request by filling in the Organization Info fields on the Advanced > Secure Administration page, under the Certificate Generation heading. Click Save Changes.
- Click the Download Certificate Signing Request (CSR) button.
- Login to Microsoft Certificate Services via a web browser (e.g. http://dc.example.com/CertSrv).
- Click the link to Request a certificate.
- Click the link to Submit an advanced certificate request.
- Click the link to Submit a certificate request....
- Prepare the request as follows:
- Paste the Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall-generated Certificate Signing Request into the Saved Request field
- Select Web Server from the Certificate Template drop-down menu
- Click Submit.
- In the next window, select the Base 64 encoded option, and click the Download certificate link.
- On the Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall, upload this certificate by entering the file name into the Upload Signed Certificate field on the Advanced > Secure Administration page. Click Upload Now.
- Change the Certificate Type to the Trusted (Signed by a trusted CA) option. Click Save Changes.
Five screenshots of the Microsoft Certificate Services certificate request process are attached to this solution for reference.
Link to This Page: