Barracuda's award-winning technical support is available 24x7 worldwide.
Your time is valuable, which is why we will always connect you with a live person.
Why am I getting a checksum error when trying to restore a configuration backup onto my Barracuda Networks product?
This solution applies to all Barracuda Networks products.
This can be corrected by modifying the checksum value located within the Barracuda Networks backup file itself.
- Open the file with a Linux or UNIX text editor, or Microsoft WordPad (not NotePad)
- Find the third line beginning with # checksum:
- Change the line so it reads # checksum: 94022
- Save the file.
There are a few additional caveats to restoring from backup of which administrators should be aware:
- The serial number of the unit to which the configuration file is being restored must match that of the unit from which the original configuration was saved.
- The firmware revision of the unit to which the configuration file is being restored must match that of the unit from which the original configuration was saved.