Barracuda Web Application Firewall (WAF) provides cloud scalable security, helping deliver constant protection from evolving threats for elastic and web-facing applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Web-facing applications in a cloud-based environment can create greater exposure to attacks from web-based threats. In order to mitigate this, organizations must fortify their security posture with a solution that scales with their protected workloads. Barracuda WAF layers on top of the secure AWS Cloud to provide this added protection, reducing the risk of targeted and automated attacks against applications.
Constant Protection from Evolving Threats
- Blocks DDoS attacks, SQL injections, Cross-Site Scripting, and a wide variety of other security threats
- Delivers superior data loss prevention by inspecting outbound traffic for sensitive data and attacks
- Automatically updates to provide new capabilities that block developing threats
Granular Identity & Access Management
- Strong authentication & access control limits unauthorized users from accessing sensitive applications
- Identifies suspicious IP addresses, bots, TOR networks, and other anonymous proxies that attackers can use to hide their identity and location
- Detailed audit logs provide clear visibility into user activity across all protected applications
Intuitive Administration & Management
- Pre-built & custom security templates expedite deployment, reduce manual errors, increase productivity, and ensure policy compliance
- Powerful graphical reporting provides immediate insight into threat activity, web traffic, and regulatory compliance
- Enables integration with popular vulnerability scanners to detect and address exploitable weaknesses in protected applications
Integrating Barracuda WAF with AWS Services
The Barracuda Web Application Firewall supports a variety of AWS Services enabling your organization to fully leverage the power of its AWS environment, including:
AWS CloudFormation Template streamlines Barracuda WAF deployment, bootstraps its configuration, and integrates with AWS to enable Auto Scaling
Full support for AWS Elastic Load Balancing, ensuring backend app servers can scale independently
Amazon CloudWatch integration enables event or schedule-based auto scaling and provides the administrator with additional monitoring capabilities
Integration with Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) and AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) for robust security
Flexible Deployment Options
Whether you’re a new or existing customer, it is easy to start protecting AWS workloads with Barracuda WAF. If you already use Barracuda WAF, you can bring your own license (BYOL). Or, you can license Barracuda WAF with pay-as-you-go pricing. Both versions can be quickly deployed as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) from AWS Marketplace. Barracuda WAF is also available on the AWS GovCloud region.