- Erwin Müller top quality textiles
- 500 employees, 900 million euro revenue
- Various subsidiaries, 8 branch offices, mobiles users, aand web shops
- ISDN lines could no longer cope with increasing flood of data
- Real-time accounting and reporting across multiple gateways
- Efficient and affordable management of the complete solution
- Create a scalable solution for future infrastructure expansion
- Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series
- Barracuda NextGen Control Center
- Complete protection from cyber threats
- Highly reliable and secure distributed network with Centralized management of all locations through Barracuda NextGen Control Center
- Business continuity with high availability functionality
- Achieved maximum cost optimization through unique license and appliance/ server hardware combination
A Network Reaches Its Limitations
Core Requirements: Security, Availability, Management—But How?
As a mid-sized company Erwin Müller GmbH attaches considerable importance to being able to manage the entire company network with a small yet powerful IT department. A total of ten employees are currently responsible for the company’s IT, and two of them are dedicated to ensuring that the company network operates smoothly. Therefore, efficient management and economy were the absolute fundamental requirements for the new solution.
Sought and Found
Mayershofer attended a Barracuda NextGen Firewall Security Engineer (NGSE) training course Barracuda University. His future network design began to take shape during this training course. Mayershofer’s initial impressions were confirmed here too. “The Barracuda trainers and consultants proved to be extremely competent and cleared up a lot of our questions in this run-up phase,” Mayershofer recalls. Summarizing the decision in Barracuda’s favor, he says, “We looked at various suppliers and the bottom line is that Barracuda’s package is the most convincing.
- Jürgen Mayershofer, Network Manager, Erwin Müller Versandhaus GmbH
Satisfaction Along the Entire Line
Mayershofer is more than satisfied. In addition to the products, he is also really pleased about the non-bureaucratic work approach and communications with Barracuda. We speak the same language, react within a time zone and are really close to the manufacturer in geographical terms. The fast implementation of feature suggestions should not be underestimated either. He is convinced, "The people working at Barracuda understand their work and know how to convey their expertise. This is not the case everywhere." Mayershofer is also impressed by the ongoing technological developments at Barracuda. "New features are introduced regularly, things are happening there. Whenever our previous supplier brought out an update for the Management Console, this resulted in a week’s work for us. There are things in Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series that really make our lives easier and that work straightaway. The peer-to-peer detection, for example was integrated with minimal effort. This forges confidence in the manufacturer. I am convinced that we will have this solution in use in our company for a very long time to come," he concludes.
Barracuda provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use, and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud, and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
About the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F
The Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series is the enterprise-grade network firewall that combines comprehensive, next-generation firewall capabilities - based on application visibility and useridentity awareness - with optimal efficiency and throughput. Coordinated WAN optimization, centralized management, and cloud-hosted content filtering and reporting are just a few of the key features supporting enterprise requirements.
Barracuda NextGen Firewall F Fast Facts
- Integrated next-generation security
- Granular control of user activity
- Effective WAN management
- Connection-friendly and robust VPN
- QoS and link balancing
- Central management