- K-12 School District
- Founded in 1962
- Based in Northern California
- Replace old, port-based stateful inspection firewalls to reliably block unwanted applications with a more cost-effective and easier-to -maintain solution
- Two Barracuda NextGen Firewall F900s in high availability configuration
- Centralized network management control without the need for command line tools.
- Improved visibility of traffic and Internet usage.
- Ability to prioritize and shape traffic to support Common Core State Standards.
A set of two Barracuda NextGen Firewall F900 units - deployed to form a high availability cluster with Firewall and Application Control enabled - significantly improved network performance since students were suddenly unable to circumvent the security infrastructure to access unsanctioned content.
But the benefits of their new next generation firewalls have been more than just educational. In addition to improved security and a faster, more responsive network, Barracuda NextGen Firewalls also include unlimited client-to-site capabilities and a highly resilient, connection friendly native VPN client for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that gives staff the option of working remotely or while away on business.
Fast Troubleshooting and Efficient Daily Management
- Fabio Zampieri, Coordinator, Technology Services, Travis Unified School District
Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) simplifies IT with cloud-enabled solutions that empower customers to protect their networks, applications and data regardless of where they reside. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
Barracuda Networks, Barracuda and the Barracuda Networks logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
About the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series
Barracuda NextGen Firewalls combine comprehensive next-generation firewall technologies—including Layer 7 application profiling, intrusion prevention, web filtering, malware and advanced threat protection, and more— with resilient VPN technology, intelligent traffic management, and WAN optimization capabilities. This lets you reduce line costs, increase availability, improve site-to-site connectivity, and optimize access to cloud-hosted applications.