- K-12 School District
- Founded in 1962
- Based in Northern California
- Replace old, port-based stateful inspection firewalls to reliably block unwanted applications with a more cost-effective and easier-to -maintain solution
- Two Barracuda CloudGen Firewall F900s in high availability configuration
- Centralized network management control without the need for command line tools.
- Improved visibility of traffic and Internet usage.
- Ability to prioritize and shape traffic to support Common Core State Standards.
A set of two Barracuda CloudGen Firewall F900 units - deployed to form a high availability cluster with Firewall and Application Control enabled - significantly improved network performance since students were suddenly unable to circumvent the security infrastructure to access unsanctioned content.
But the benefits of their new next generation firewalls have been more than just educational. In addition to improved security and a faster, more responsive network, Barracuda CloudGen Firewalls also include unlimited client-to-site capabilities and a highly resilient, connection friendly native VPN client for Windows, MacOS X, and Linux that gives staff the option of working remotely or while away on business.
Fast Troubleshooting and Efficient Daily Management
- Fabio Zampieri, Coordinator, Technology Services, Travis Unified School District
Barracuda simplifies IT with cloudenabled solutions that empower customers to protect their networks, applications, and data, regardless of where they reside. These powerful, easy-to-use, and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud, and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering highvalue, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
Barracuda Networks, Barracuda and the Barracuda Networks logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
About Barracuda CloudGen Firewall
Barracuda CloudGen Firewalls feature advanced security capabilities, including integrated Intrusion Prevention (IPS), URL filtering and antivirus to identify and block evasion attempts that would trick traditional systems. Barracuda’s security extends beyond a network to Barracuda’s Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) cloud for both statistical and sandboxing analysis of zero-day and targeted threats that routinely bypass signature-based IPS and antivirus engines.
Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Fast Facts
- Integrated next-generation security
- Full SD-WAN capabilities included
- Full user/group awareness
- Full application visibility and granular access control
- Advanced Threat Protection (incl. sandboxing)
- Built-in web security and IDS/IPS
- Connection-friendly and robust VPN
- QoS and link balancing
- Industry-leading central management