Comprehensive Archiving, eDiscovery and Information Management SoftwareFree Trial
Problems We Solve
Manage the retention and deletion of email wherever it exists
The business value of email continues to grow, and governments and other regulatory bodies are responding to this by putting in place compliance standards and regulations to ensure email is managed appropriately. The penalties for non-compliance with these can be severe.
Compliance is now a key requirement for many organizations, and they are setting high level corporate governance guidelines. These must be implemented in all areas across the organization to demonstrate and ensure that the business is operating in a compliant manner and to minimize ongoing legal risk.
Compliance solutions from C2C take a policy-based approach to meeting this need, automating and enforcing both the retention and the deletion of email as required. They allow organizations to achieve the ideal balance of saving only what is needed and only for the time that it needs to be saved.
- LOCATION - As well as stored centrally in Exchange mailboxes or in archives, email may be held in PST files on network servers and end user devices almost anywhere across an organization.
- SECURITY - Data which must be retained for a specified period of time will need to be protected from deletion or alteration, whether deliberate or unintentional.
- COMPLEXITY - Implementing compliance across a large organization can be complex as some key departments may have very specific local business or geographic requirements for retention.
- VISIBILITY – Government agencies and regulatory bodies may require an organization to demonstrate compliance, and in some cases audits may also take place on a recurring basis.
- MANAGEMENT - Compliance policies must be implemented correctly and consistently across all departments, even when operations are dispersed across multiple locations or geographies.
What benefits will a Compliance solution bring?
Organizations can be confident their day‑to‑day email operations meet government and regulatory compliance standards, and in response to regulatory audits they can demonstrate adherence to retention and defensible deletion policies.
Implementing retention policies to delete data that is obsolete and no longer needed will reduce the overall volume of data stored in Exchange servers and archives, therefore reducing the ongoing infrastructure and operating costs for these systems.
EASE OF USE
A single central set of information retention and deletion policies make the solution scalable and easy to implement and manage, whilst ensuring that compliance can be applied consistently across all areas. End users find it easier to manage and search email because irrelevant or obsolete information is deleted automatically.
By implementing policies to preserve securely all data that falls under the mandate of retention regulations or ongoing investigations, and defensibly deleting all obsolete or unwanted data, organisations can eliminate the risk of being non compliant and possibly subject to fines or penalties.