Barracuda Networks Expands Copy for Companies
Cloud File Sync and Share Service Adds New Corporate Functionality
San Francisco, Calif., (Aug. 27, 2013) VMworld Conference 2013 – Barracuda Networks, Inc., a leading provider of security and storage solutions, today announced an expanded Copy for Companies to further meet the needs of businesses using its Copy file sync and share service. New features include additional security capabilities, company visibility into employee accounts, and better control over incoming shared data. The release also includes improvements to the overall user interface (UI), the admin page, and folder management. Barracuda is demonstrating Copy as part of its Cloud Evolved strategy in booth #617 at VMworld 2013 this week in San Francisco.
“Built on the same cloud as our award-winning IT solutions, Copy is rooted in both security and storage technologies, making Copy for Companies a great option for businesses that want to layer control over sharing services employees use,” said Guy Suter, GM Storage Business, Barracuda Networks. “Copy for Companies brings powerful new capabilities and control to users and admins to safely sync and share the most critical business data.”
Released in February, Copy was designed with both individuals and companies in mind – providing a more robust and feature-rich alternative to other cloud storage services. Copy allows users to securely import and upload documents, images, videos and any other files to share with other users or access them from a different location or device.
Copy for Companies integrates enterprise requirements like user and group management by adding controls for proprietary company data. Copy for Companies includes:
- Added Security – Policy-based control for administrators provides the capability to allow or revoke users’ ability to access and share files or to join shares outside of the company.
- Federated Storage Areas – Users can access their personal and company data from a single Copy account, streamlining the user experience while maintaining appropriate ownership record for different types of data.
- Updated UI and Admin Page – Intuitive design makes it simple for administrators to manage users and groups with added visibility into individual employees’ Copy for Companies folders, maintaining workflows even if an employee is unavailable.
- Refined Company Setup – Simple company account setup wizard includes creation of initial file structure and groups for permissions.
- Receiving Flow – Users can accept shares and select where in their folder structure to store specified data making it easier to find data shared with users.
- Copy+SignNow iOS integration – eSignature integration with SignNow helps to improve productivity and workflow.
Copy for Companies is the result of Barracuda’s prioritization of security and privacy for Copy users. Copy apps use HTTPS security protocols to communicate with the Copy service. Files and folders are stored in the Copy cloud with server-side AES-256-SHA encryption to protect data. Like the web interface, the mobile app allows users to select files, groups of files, and folders, and share that data either publicly or privately. Data can be shared as read-only or read-write. If shared privately as read-only, the target recipients are not allowed to forward that data to other users without permission from the original sender.
For additional information on Copy and Copy for Companies, please visit:
Website – www.copy.com
Blog post – https://www.barracuda.com/blogs/pmblog?bid=2125
Link to Copy for Companies Solution Sheet: https://copy.com/12CGnztd1mZHJ91M
Pricing and Availability
Copy for Companies is priced on a per-user-account basis, and is available free of charge for up to five full-featured user accounts upon signup. For additional information on pricing, visit: http://www.copy.com.
Copy is available on the Web at Copy.com (http://www.copy.com) and by installing the free software (http://www.copy.com/install). Copy also is available as a free app in the Apple App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/copy-for-ios/id546789632) for iOS devices and on Google Play(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.copy) for Android devices.
Copy programs are subject to change at any time without notice by Barracuda Networks, Inc. Please visit http://www.copy.com for the current program details and terms.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Protecting users, applications, and data for more than 150,000 organizations worldwide, Barracuda Networks provides powerful, easy-to-use, affordable IT solutions. The company's customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions for security and storage. For additional information, please visit http://www.barracuda.com or on Twitter: @barracuda.
Barracuda Networks, Barracuda, Copy, the Barracuda Networks logo and the Copy logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the US and other countries.