Copy "Copies" Google with 15GB of Free Cloud Storage
Barracuda Increases Copy Cloud Storage Offering to 15GB of Free, Fair Storage for All
Campbell, Calif. (May 15, 2013) – Inspired by this week’s news that Google is unifying storage across its products, Barracuda Networks announced a bold new program increasing the amount of free cloud storage for its own Copy users from 5GB to 15GB. Copy is a new online file syncing, sharing and storage service built on the secure Barracuda Cloud. Since its public debut less than 90 days ago, Copy already is approaching half a million users worldwide.
“We think Google’s effort here is great, and we are eager to join in by providing current and new Copy users with a matching amount of free space,” said Guy Suter, GM Storage, at Barracuda Networks. “We believe people deserve lots of storage to realize the full benefits of using the cloud. They also should be able to control what files count against their capacity. For our part, Copy’s free space now at 15GB, our awesome referral program, our incredibly low-paid storage plans, and our 'Fair Storage for All' initiative are all aimed at helping people do more amazing things.”
- Copy Referral Program – In possibly the most rewarding referral program in cloud storage history, Copy users can earn 5GB of additional free storage for both themselves and the person they introduce to Copy for each referral, with no limit on the total capacity they can earn. The average Copy referrer has earned well over 60GB of free storage, with the largest referrers earning space in the 10s of TBs.
- Copy “Fair Storage for All” Initiative – Instead of counting data in shared folders against all members’ individual storage quotas so everyone pays for the same data over and over, Copy allows users to “split the bill” and control which files count against their storage capacity. View the 40-second video on the Copy “Fair Storage for All” initiative at http://youtu.be/m36ZMdE-vro.
Copy was created to meet the exceedingly high design demands of today’s online and mobile users, and to provide the advanced security and corporate features required for businesses. Additional highlights of the service include:
- Multiple device compatibility –Copy works across Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux computers and offers mobile device support for Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad) and Android, with Windows Mobile coming soon.
- Easy file sharing without limits – Copy allows users to upload and share files of any size, including 1080p videos and raw photographs, without size limitations often found in email attachments. These shared files and folders can be sent to anyone either publicly or privately and accessed from any location or device.
- More security – Copy provides a secure alternative to other cloud storage services. Included data verification inspects data before Copy accepts it into the user’s cloud storage. File-level ownership is verified prior to transferring anything to other devices. Copy also allows users to share files privately using Copy's built-in identify verification.
- Company control – Copy extends its cloud storage and sharing benefits into corporate environments with user and group management and added controls for proprietary company data.
Pricing and Availability
Copy is available at Copy.com (http://www.copy.com) and by installing the free software (http://www.copy.com/install). Copy also is available as a free app in the Apple App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/copy-for-ios/id546789632) for iOS devices and on Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.copy) for Android devices.
Individual Copy accounts provide 15GB of cloud storage free of charge, and paid plans start at $9.99USD/month or $99USD/year for up to 250GBs.
Copy for Companies introduces an industry-changing no-per-user-fee approach and plans starting at $399.99USD/year for 100GB.
Copy programs are subject to change at any time by Barracuda Networks, Inc. Please visit http://www.copy.com for the current program details and terms.
Sign up for Copy by Barracuda: https://www.copy.com/
Earn 5GB of additional free cloud storage for each referral brought to Copy: https://www.copy.com/bigger
View the 40-second video about the Copy “Fair Storage for All” initiative: http://youtu.be/m36ZMdE-vro
Follow Copy by Barracuda on Twitter: @copyapp
Like Copy by Barracuda on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/copy
About Barracuda Networks Inc.
Protecting users, applications, and data for more than 150,000 organizations worldwide, Barracuda Networks has developed a global reputation as the go-to leader for powerful, easy-to-use, affordable IT solutions. The company's proven customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions for security and storage. For additional information, please visit http://www.barracuda.com or follow us on Twitter@barracuda.