Barracuda Introduces New Cloud Archiving Service
Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service Helps Companies Address Compliance and eDiscovery Requirements in Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office 365 and Hybrid Environments
Campbell, Calif. (DEC. 16, 2015) – Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA) -
- Introducing Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service, a new cloud-based archiving service, requiring no hardware or software installation.
- Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service assists organizations with compliance and eDiscovery requests effectively and easily when used with Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office 365, and other on-premises, cloud or hybrid environments. It offers productivity features, including mobile applications for end users to search and retrieve email at any time from any device.
- The new service aligns with the company’s Microsoft Office 365 strategic initiative, which is designed to help organizations manage their businesses more easily, securely, and efficiently when deploying and operating Office 365, read more here: http://cuda.co/15833.
In order to assist organizations with compliance and efficiently address eDiscovery requests, Barracuda today announced the availability of the new Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service. This week, Barracuda also outlined its Microsoft Office 365 strategic initiative designed to help organizations manage their businesses more easily, securely, and efficiently when moving to, and operating in, Office 365. The new cloud-based archiving service supports the company’s Office 365 initiative and when used in Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, or hybrid environments compliance is easy to demonstrate. Additionally, end users can have read only access to search and retrieve email at any time from any device, using a web or mobile interface via integration with Microsoft Outlook on Windows, or with native applications for MacOS, iOS, and Android.
“As organizations increasingly move to cloud environments, the need to easily access and protect their email data does not change. Barracuda has a rich history of providing advanced technology to protect on-premises information for many different organizations, and we continue to innovate to help protect data no matter where it resides,” said Rod Mathews, GM Data Protection, Barracuda. “The new Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service extends our cloud strategy and helps organizations address a variety of compliance and eDiscovery requirements, particularly as many organizations are transitioning their businesses to run on cloud platforms like Office 365. The new service enhances Office 365 with the additional functionality needed to support sound information governance practices, and supports on-premises, cloud-only, and hybrid deployments.”
Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service provides extensive search and discovery capabilities outside of the operational environment on a separate secure archive copy of the data. Barracuda recommends this industry best practice to ensure there is no conflict between data retention for operational compliance and legal search and discovery exercises. As a result, customers can demonstrate the accuracy and completeness of data returned for each search.
Developed with end user productivity in mind, Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service includes integration with Microsoft Outlook on Windows, and native applications for MacOS, iOS, and Android, which allow for read only access to search and retrieve email at any time from any device. The new service is ideal for organizations using on-premises Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, or hybrid combinations. Highlights include:
- Capture Everything – Ensures an accurate and unmodified copy of every email sent or received, including details of all recipients, will be captured and stored in the secure Barracuda Cloud.
- Keep Everything Securely As Long As Needed – Secures stored email data for as long as needed without risk of deletion.
- Respond to Information/eDiscovery Requests – Provides extensive search and discovery capabilities, managing selected data outside the operational environment on a separate secure archive copy of the data.
- 100 Percent Cloud – No hardware or software installation is required, and the cost-effective, per user pricing allows organizations to purchase only what they need.
Pricing and Availability
Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service is currently available in early access and general availability is expected by the end of December 2015. Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service pricing starts at $2.00 USD per user, per month or $20.00 USD per user for an annual subscription. International pricing and availability vary by region. For more information please visit, http://cuda.co/bcas.
Barracuda’s Office 365 Strategic Initiative – Simplified IT
Barracuda recently outlined a Microsoft Office 365 strategic initiative designed to help organizations manage their businesses more easily, securely, and efficiently when moving to, and operating in, Office 365. As part of the initiative, Barracuda also kicked off a series of end-user educational events, both online and in person, with various channel partners focused on helping customers leverage cloud efficiencies securely and cost effectively. For additional information on the activities and events associated with this initiative, and to view associated content, please visit http://cuda.co/o365.
Blog Post - Barracuda Office 365 Webinars for Channel Partners: http://cuda.co/15820.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA)
Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the potential benefits, performance, availability, and functionality of Barracuda Cloud Archiving Service. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company’s control and that could cause the Company’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company’s business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company’s products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.