Barracuda Offers Integrated Security; Boosts Portfolio with Consolidated Network and Content Security Solution
New Barracuda Security Suite Combines Barracuda Firewall, Barracuda Web Filter and Barracuda Spam Firewall Virtual Appliances in Single, High Performance Hardware Platform
Campbell, Calif. (Nov. 20, 2014) – Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA),
Press Release Highlights:
- Barracuda Security Suite provides powerful, integrated security protection across three commonly deployed threat vectors – email, web browsing, and network perimeters – offering a simple initial step in realizing Total Threat Protection.
- Barracuda Security Suite allows customers to buy an integrated security solution, offering predictable performance and advanced security functionality via individual virtual instances of the award-winning Barracuda Firewall, Barracuda Web Filter and Barracuda Spam Firewall on a single appliance.
- Barracuda Security Suite is designed for midsized organizations looking for next-generation security functionality in a powerful, affordable and easy-to-use platform. For more information, visit http://cuda.co/bss.
Proven Protection for Common Threat Vectors
The Barracuda Security Suite allows customers to purchase and deploy protection across three common threat vectors – email, web browsing, and network perimeters – and independently scale these functions with a purpose-built virtualized platform. This latest solution is a part of Barracuda’s Total Threat Protection initiative, which is aimed at providing powerful, robust protection across multiple threat vectors with simplified management. The Barracuda Security Suite integrates next-generation network and content security – including individual virtual instances of the award-winning Barracuda Firewall, Barracuda Web Filter and Barracuda Spam Firewall – on a single appliance.
“While many organizations today have existing firewalls, web filters, and email security solutions, they often lack ‘best-of-breed’ functionality and are forced to manage interfaces across different vendors,” said Stephen Pao, GM Security, Barracuda. “With the Barracuda Security Suite, we aim to provide consolidated protection and to help organizations get started down the path of Total Threat Protection.”
Predictable High Performance
Barracuda Security Suite is designed for businesses considering the replacement of their Unified Threat Management (UTM) systems, which often suffer performance degradation when all features are running simultaneously. The Barracuda Security Suite is optimized to run on a purpose-built network virtualization hypervisor. Each of the virtual instances can operate at near-wire speeds to appliance components and feature resource partitioning to help ensure performance isolation and speed.
Award-Winning Advanced Security
The Barracuda Security Suite integrates virtual instances of Barracuda’s award-winning next-generation firewall and content security technologies and includes:
- Barracuda Firewall: Incorporates next-generation firewall capabilities – based on application visibility and user-identity awareness. Key features also include coordinated WAN optimization, centralized management and reporting.
- Barracuda Web Filter: Enables connected businesses to benefit from new technologies and online tools to improve productivity, wasted bandwidth, and data loss. Highly granular visibility allows administrators to create effective content and access policies.
- Barracuda Spam Firewall: Provides comprehensive email security that includes spam and virus blocking, data protection, DoS prevention, email continuity, encryption, and policy management.
In most markets throughout the world, the Barracuda Security Suite is accompanied by a single annual subscription that includes Technical Support, all firmware updates, ongoing Energize Updates to protect against the latest threats, and the Barracuda Instant Replacement program. Instant Replacement is designed for ongoing investment protection, as it features priority replacement of failed hardware and a complimentary refresh of four-year old hardware units at no additional hardware cost.
Barracuda Total Threat Protection
The Barracuda Total Threat Protection initiative is aimed at providing powerful, integrated security protection across multiple threat vectors at an affordable cost. Barracuda Total Threat Protection is designed to protect multiple threat vectors including email, web applications, remote access, web browsing by network users, mobile Internet access, and the network perimeter itself. It includes the combination of award-winning security solutions, a common management interface, a single point of support, and affordability. For additional information on Barracuda Total Threat Protection, visit http://cuda.co/ttp.
Pricing and Availability
The Barracuda Security Suite is available immediately with U.S. list price starting at $5,999 USD for the appliance and list price of $2,899 USD for the combined Energize Updates and Instant Replacement subscription. International pricing and availability vary by region.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA)
Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
Barracuda, Barracuda Networks, and the Barracuda Networks logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the U.S. or other regions.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the availability and functionality and performance of the Barracuda Security Suite and the Total Threat Protection initiative. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company’s control and that could cause the Company’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company’s business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company’s products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.