High Performance Load Balancing and Application Delivery from Barracuda Supports Customers Moving Applications to the AWS Cloud
Barracuda Load Balancer ADC Now Available in AWS Marketplace
Campbell, Calif. (November 11, 2014) – Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA),
Press Release Highlights:
- Barracuda Load Balancer ADC is now available in AWS Marketplace.
- Barracuda Load Balancer ADC offers high performance load balancing and application delivery for applications hosted on the AWS Cloud.
- Barracuda Load Balancer ADC, available in physical and virtual appliance deployment options, enables organizations to securely run applications across public and private cloud infrastructures.
The Barracuda Load Balancer ADC provides high-performance, cost-effective application delivery for workloads running across on-premises, cloud and hybrid environments. Now available for Amazon Web Services (AWS) in AWS Marketplace, the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC enables organizations to run applications securely across public and private cloud infrastructures. It offloads compute-intensive SSL transactions, and offers optimization features such as caching, compression, and TCP pooling to enable faster application delivery and ensure scalability.
"Barracuda has been a leader in developing enterprise-class solutions on AWS, and we are excited to see them continue to expand the number of products available on AWS Marketplace,” said Terry Hanold, Vice President, AWS Platform and Marketplace, Amazon Web Services Inc. “Customers looking to scale their cloud deployments have a simple way to deploy the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC. Billing and payments are all handled by AWS, and customers get to take advantage of AWS’ reliable, scalable, and pay-as-you-go nature."
“As more organizations move to a hybrid model and put more of their application infrastructure into the cloud, they need a robust platform running natively in the cloud to give them the same functionality they had in their on-premises environment,” said Stephen Pao, GM Security, Barracuda. “Successful deployments will incorporate optimized performance and high availability, which depend heavily on application-aware load balancing, and the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC on AWS offers that to customers.”
Highlights of the Barracuda Load Balancer ADC include:
- Availability: Regular health and performance checks help distribute traffic for efficient use of server resources and server failover for high availability. Global Server Load Balancing allows redundancy across multiple sites to enhance availability and speed disaster recovery.
- Acceleration: Delivers applications faster as usage increases by leveraging caching and compression capabilities.
- Control: Client controls give administrators the ability to throttle requests to ensure application availability even during periods of heavy traffic.
Barracuda will demonstrate its technology solutions available on AWS – including Barracuda Load Balancer ADC, Barracuda Web Application Firewall, Barracuda NG Firewall and Barracuda Spam Firewall – in booth #1345 at the AWS re:Invent Conference happening this week in Las Vegas, NV. Additionally, Barracuda is participating in a number of activities outside of the booth, including:
- “Transformation to the Cloud” presentation in the AWS Marketplace Solutions Showcase (booth #228) on Tuesday, November 11, at 11:15 a.m.
- Live interview with Stephen Pao, GM Security, on SiliconAngle TV’s theCube on Wednesday, November 12, at 1:30 p.m.
- Live demonstration of the Barracuda Web Application Firewall on AWS in the AWS Test Drive 3.0 Showroom on Friday, November 14, from 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Barracuda on AWS Marketplace Overview: http://cuda.co/awssec
Barracuda on AWS Marketplace: http://cuda.co/awsmktplc
Pricing and Availability
Barracuda Load Balancer ADC is available today both fee-based on an hourly basis directly on AWS Marketplace or through the “Bring Your Own License” (BYOL) model. Customers who have purchased the product directly from Barracuda channel partners can use that license to provision the application on AWS through the BYOL model. Customers who wish to use the product via an hourly model can purchase the product directly in AWS Marketplace. For more information, please see http://cuda.co/awsmktplc.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA)
Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
Barracuda, Barracuda Networks, and the Barracuda Networks logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the U.S. or other regions.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the availability and functionality and performance of Barracuda Load Balancer and the availability of the product through Amazon Web Services. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company’s control and that could cause the Company’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company’s business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company’s products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.