Cloud-Connected Archiving, Easy Capacity Expansion and Federated Search Provided by Barracuda Message Archiver version 4.0
Barracuda Message Archiver version 4.0 Now Available as Part of the Company’s Data Protection Plus Strategic Initiative
Campbell, Calif. (October 15, 2014) – Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA),
Press Release Highlights:
- Barracuda Message Archiver version 4.0 extends archive capacity by moving or copying data to the Barracuda Cloud.
- Scalable deployment options offer expanded storage capacity and compute resources.
- Federated search provides a single search interface across Message Archiver appliances and cloud data.
- As part of the company’s Data Protection Plus strategic initiative, Barracuda Message Archiver version 4.0 delivers cloud storage plus a single interface for employees and administrators to search and access archives. Data Protection Plus Overview: http://cuda.co/dppreview
Now generally available, Barracuda Message Archiver version 4.0 is designed for organizations looking to reduce their email storage requirements and boost user productivity. This latest release is part of Barracuda’s Data Protection Plus initiative, which is aimed at helping customers access, retain and share critical data from anywhere and any device.
“With Barracuda Message Archiver version 4.0, Barracuda is executing on our recently announced Data Protection Plus strategic initiative. We’re giving customers the ability to extend their archive into the cloud, scale deployments for expansion and search across appliances and cloud-based data in a simplified manner,” said Rod Mathews, GM Storage, Barracuda. “The new Message Archiver, coupled with our recently announced acquisition of C2C Systems, offers customers a more complete archiving and information management portfolio to simplify and control storage costs.”
Barracuda Message Archiver version 4.0 highlights include:
- Cloud-Connected Archiving: Extend archives into the cloud for offsite, long-term, and cost-effective storage. Set policies to replicate data to the cloud for disaster recovery or to scale up and use the cloud as a secondary tier of storage.
- Scalable Deployments: Connect or stack appliances for easy capacity expansion to scale and grow to support business requirements without over committing resources.
- Federated Search: Search across appliances and cloud-based data to provide searchable archives even when email services are unavailable.
“We needed a place for old email to go that isn't on our clients’ Exchange servers. We also needed to make it really easy for our clients to access that data. Barracuda Message Archiver handles both of these remarkably well, and the deduplication is fantastic,” said Chris Highland with Helion Technologies. “The new Barracuda Message Archiver version 4.0 updates are impressive and the cloud archiving features provide real value to my business.”
For more information about the Barracuda Message Archiver, please visit http://cuda.co/bma
451 Research, Impact Report “Barracuda upgrades storage portfolio, acquires C2C for email archiving” by Dave Simpson, September 12, 2014: http://cuda.co/uda2
Pricing and Availability
Barracuda Message Archiver version 4.0 is available immediately at no additional charge to existing customers on the current hardware platform with an active Energize Updates subscription. The Barracuda Message Archiver list price starts at $1999 USD for the appliance and list price of $499 USD for Energize Updates. An optional Instant Replacement service featuring priority replacement of failed hardware and complimentary refresh of four-year old hardware units is available starting at list price of $449 USD per year. International pricing and availability vary by region.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA)
Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the availability and functionality and performance of Barracuda Message Archiver and Data Protection Plus. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company’s control and that could cause the Company’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company’s business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company’s products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.