Copy Site Server Appliance and New Web Interface Now Available with Latest Edition of Barracuda Copy
New File Sync and Share Capabilities Available as Part of Barracuda’s Data Protection Plus Strategic Initiative
Campbell, Calif. (October 6, 2014) – Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA),
Press Release Highlights:
- Integrated with Copy, the new Barracuda Copy Site Server is an on-premises device – available as a physical or virtual appliance – that enables hybrid onsite and cloud-based file sync and share.
- New Copy Site Server includes local recovery for access to locally stored files even during network outages, support for CIFS/SMB network drives, and network traffic optimization.
- The latest edition of Copy includes a new web interface with improved sharing management and performance.
- As part of Barracuda’s Data Protection Plus strategic initiative, Barracuda Copy provides organizations a secure way to sync and share files plus mobile access to data. Data Protection Plus overview: http://cuda.co/dppreview
Barracuda Copy Site Server is now generally available, along with the new edition of Barracuda Copy. The Copy Site Server simplifies the ability to move from traditional file servers to a cloud-based file solution while minimizing disruption to end users. This latest edition of Copy comes as part of Barracuda’s Data Protection Plus strategic initiative, which aims to help customers access, retain and share critical data from anywhere and any device.
“Today’s users require data access across all of their devices and for that information to remain readily available,” said Rod Mathews, GM Storage, Barracuda. “Barracuda’s storage solutions offer secure, mobile data access so that users are able to remain productive. The Barracuda Copy Site Server is a great example of this, with features like local recovery, which helps users access files even if their external network goes down.”
The latest edition of Barracuda Copy includes a new web interface with enhanced sharing and management performance. Highlights include:
- New Web Interface:Increased speed and performance with simple to use access controls for improved sharing, visibility and functionality with clickable breadcrumbs for fast navigation.
- LDAP Integration: Secure access and data ownership for user and company accounts. This simplifies user account management, and enables administrators to easily control access to data stored in Copy.
- Live Office Previews: Preview PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents in a fully native Microsoft Office preview frame.
- Drag and Drop: Easily move and upload files using the simple drag and drop function.
- Integrated Copy Site Server Management: New admin view allows administrators to manage and monitor status of one or more Site Servers associated with each company account.
“As deadlines approach and file versions change rapidly, the need for faster more efficient file syncing and sharing becomes crucial,” said Byron Largent, Business Applications Lead at David C. Cook. “The Copy Site Server has given us the ability to do faster file syncing among team members located at our central office. Being able to marry web browser access and local network access brings endless opportunities for us.”
The Copy Site Server was developed to help organizations optimize access, performance and security with hybrid onsite and cloud-based file sync and share. Highlights include:
- Local Recovery: Files stored locally so that even in the event of an external network outage, minimal employee productivity impact.
- “Never Full” Local Cache: Most frequently used files cached on the Copy Site Server and remain available.
- Network Drive Support: Supports local network drives using CIFS/SMB protocol to improve file access and help reduce storage costs.
- Traffic Optimization: Network traffic automatically routed by the Copy Agent through any available Copy Site Server to mitigate network bandwidth issues.
For additional information about Barracuda Copy and Copy Site Server, please visit: www.copy.com/companies
Pricing & Availability
Barracuda Copy Site Server is available today starting at $999 USD for the physical appliance or $699 USD for an annual virtual appliance subscription. Copy Site Server and Copy cloud license bundle packages are also available starting at $4,999 USD with a 500 GB appliance capacity and 50 user accounts.
Copy is available at https://copy.com/. Copy is also available for download in the Apple App Store for iOS devices: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/copy-for-ios/id546789632?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4, and on Google Play for Android devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.copy, and is also available for Windows phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/copy/583e7b9f-ab0f-4c9c-b183-e7ddbaf3adc9
About Barracuda Networks, Inc. (NYSE: CUDA)
Barracuda (NYSE: CUDA) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use, and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud, and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security. For additional information, please visit barracuda.com.
Barracuda, Barracuda Networks, and the Barracuda Networks logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the U.S. or other regions.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the availability and functionality and performance of Barracuda Copy and Data Protection Plus. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company’s control and that could cause the Company’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company’s business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company’s products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.