Last Updated: September 2019
Barracuda Networks, Inc., and its affiliated companies worldwide (collectively “Barracuda”, “we” or “our”) recognize and respect your right to privacy.
1. Types of Information Collected.
You may give us information about yourself by using the online forms provided on the Website or by contacting us by phone, e-mail or other means. This includes, for example, filling in the “Contact Us” form on the Website or when you provide your information to us in order to receive our services.
The information you give us may include email address, name, mailing address, telephone number, company name, company address, credit card information, job title, account information and any updates to information provided to us.
Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or if you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access our services.1.2 Information We May Collect About You.
We may automatically collect any of the following information each time you visit the Website:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, domain name and country that requests information, the file(s) requested, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
We will receive information about you if:
- You obtain our services through one of our resellers or partners. The types of information that we may receive are the same as the information that you may give to us detailed in section 1.1 above.
- You use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will inform you when we collect that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the Website. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, advertising networks, and analytics and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
- Some Barracuda products use Google Analytics for purposes of improving product performance. For more information on Google Analytics, and how it collects and processes data visit the site “How Google Uses Information From Sites or Apps that Use our Services,” located at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
2. Use of Information.
We, or third-party data processors acting on our behalf, collect, use and store the Personal Information listed above. We will use your Personal Information in order to deliver your contracted services, in order to comply with applicable laws, where we have obtained your consent, or where it is in the legitimate interests of Barracuda to handle your Personal Information. More specifically, we collect, use and store your Personal Information for the following reasons:
- To register you for webinars/seminars.
- To assign a password.
- To ensure that content from the Website and services is presented in the most efficient manner for you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features (e.g., live chat) when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our products or services and to keep you informed about our fees and charges.
- To provide the service(s) you have requested.
- To improve the quality and accuracy of the services.
- To allow you to access and use the Website and to register for an account.
- To carry out activities in the legitimate interests of Barracuda, for example, pursuing debt or ensuring the security of our services and the Website.
- To verify your identity in order to prevent and detect money laundering and fraud.
- To carry out statistical analysis and market research.
- For marketing, advertising and promotional purposes.
- For the purposes of improving and maintaining the Website, preparing reports or compiling statistics in order to improve our services. Such details will be anonymized as much as reasonably possible, and you will not be identifiable from the data collected.
- To take other action you request when you supply the Personal Information.
Personal Information is not used to profile those who access the Website.
3. Data Retention.
We retain Personal Information for as long as you use the services we provide and then as required to comply with applicable laws.
4. Disclosure of Information.
- Our service providers and subcontractors including, but not limited to, payment processors, suppliers of technical and support services and cloud service providers;
- Companies that assist us in our marketing, advertising and promotional activities;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Website; and
- Systems integrators and service providers who resell our products and services.
We will also disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset;
- If Barracuda, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case information held by it about its customers and partners will be one of the transferred assets;
- If Barracuda is under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation or any lawful request from government or law enforcement officials, and as may be required to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or prevent illegal activity;
- In order to enforce or apply Barracuda’s terms and conditions or any other agreement or to respond to any claims, to protect our rights or the rights of a third party, to protect the safety of any person or to prevent any illegal activity; or
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Barracuda, our customers or other persons. This may include exchanging information with other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Protection of Personal Information.
Barracuda is committed to taking steps to protect Personal Information you provide to us, including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard Personal Information against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Personal Information is only accessed by authorized staff who are instructed to handle Personal Information in a confidential manner. Personal Information is protected by firewalls and standard industry security measures. We may also transmit sensitive information and transactional data using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption.
The transmission of information through the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Website or our products and services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
6. Your Rights.
Subject to the conditions set forth under applicable law, you have the right to request to access, review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have provided to us. You have the right to request an electronic copy of Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company. You have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling. You may submit such requests by sending an email to email@example.com. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law. In your request, you must advise what Personal Information you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete; or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information.
Please note that we may need to retain certain Personal Information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. In the event your Personal Information is processed on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying the details of your request. However, any withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on consent before it is withdrawn.
If you have previously given us consent to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you can choose to stop receiving marketing communications that we send to you from time to time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such communications. Alternatively, you can opt out of such communications at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
You can choose to opt-out from your Personal Information being used for any purpose that differs from the purposes notified to you when we collected your personal information or from being disclosed to any third party.
7. Transfers of Information.
With respect to Personal Information transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland to Barracuda, we will process Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy laws and the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework or the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework, as applicable (each and together, the "Privacy Shield").
If you are located outside of the United States, the Personal Information that Barracuda collects from you may be transferred to and stored in the United States or another location outside of the EEA or Switzerland. Any transfer of Personal Information from the EEA or Switzerland to the United States and any onward data transfer will be in compliance with Privacy Shield, details of which are set forth below in section 7.1.
Your Personal Information may also be processed by staff operating in the United States or outside the EEA or Switzerland that are working for us, other members of our group or third-party data processors. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of our services to you, the processing of transactions and/or the provision of support services. By providing us with your Personal Information you acknowledge and agree to any such transfer, storage and processing.
7.1 Privacy Shield.
7.2 Our Obligations to You Under the Privacy Shield.
- Barracuda has certified that it complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce and approved by the European Commission regarding the collection, use and retention of Personal Information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively.
- Barracuda has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles.
- The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Barracuda’s compliance with the Privacy Shield.
- Barracuda commits to cooperate with EU Data Protection Authorities and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner and to comply with the advice given to Barracuda by such authorities with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
7.3 Accountability and Liability for Onward Transfer.
Barracuda may be liable in cases of onward transfer of EU and Swiss individuals’ data to third parties received pursuant to the Privacy Shield.
7.4 Privacy Complaints, Recourse, Enforcement and Liability.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Barracuda commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your Personal Information without charge to you.
Barracuda has committed to refer all unresolved privacy complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the US. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com or https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided to you at no cost.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through the above mechanism, in certain limited circumstances you may be able to invoke a binding arbitration proceeding before the Privacy Shield Panel if Barracuda has failed to meet its obligations to you under the Privacy Shield and that failure has still not been remedied. Additional information about invoking binding arbitration is available online at the following link: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
7.5 Barracuda Networks Companies in the EU and Switzerland.
The following Barracuda companies collect, process, transfer and store Personal information in accordance with Privacy Shield. The relevant Barracuda company involved will depend on the country in which you are based.
3SP Ltd (UK); Barracuda Networks AG (Austria); Eduard-Bodem-Gasse 1A-6020 (Innsbruck); Barracuda Networks BV (Belgium); Zweigniederlassung Deutschland (Germany); Sede Secondria Italiana (Italy); Barracuda Netherlands BV; Barracuda Networks AG (Switzerland); Barracuda Networks Limited (UK); and Barracuda Networks, Inc. (U.S.)
When you visit the Website, cookies will be placed on your computer or device to maximize your experience and to help us understand how we can improve the Website. If you do not want to receive cookies, you can change your browser settings to either reject all cookies or to selectively allow cookies. However, turning off cookies will hinder your ability to access, use or navigate portions of the Website.
9. Third Party Websites.
11. Contact Us.